HOW DOES WANTING TO HAVE SEX BECOME AN ADDICTION?
Sex addiction is not about having sex. The underlying psychological issues concerning sex addiction are much more complex. Power, control, abandonment, abuse, neglect, narcissism, among other personality dynamics and disorders, can all play a part in the psyche of an addict. ,P. "Sex addiction is an external response to an internal need." - Synthia Esther
A sex addict lives a life consumed with having sex. The addict's wife/husband, significant other, children, family, job, security, love, relationships, morals,convictions, character, integrity, and even health is secondary to thinking about sex, getting sex and having sex.
Sex is idealized and idolized. The sex addicts active addiction and rituals most often become obsessive-compulsive (OCD )in nature. What was once considered sexually repulsive becomes lustfully desired in the escalation process. Since the advent and anonymity of the World Wide Web, pedophilia (child and adolescent sex), bestiality (sex with animals), Dominance and submission, torture sex, as well as other deviant sexual behavior has increased.
An active addict remains in denial, having seared his/her conscious. The sex addict acts out in order to feel better and eliminate shame, upon completion of the deed, they feel the dreadful pain of remorse, shame and self hatred, which triggers their desire to act out. This simplistic yet insane double mindset sexual cycling process is the addict's attempt towards self regulation and preservation of his/her addiction.
Synthia Esther explains the sexual addiction process...
"Sex Addiction becomes an ideological, illogical, fantasy of illusion and denial in the self preservation of ego. An inflated feeling of pride and superiority is pervasive within the mind of an addict, as lust and desire becomes all encompassing, consuming and self-destructive. *Pride comes before an addicts fall." - Synthia Esther .
* "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." - Proverbs 11:2.
"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud." - Proverbs 16:18-19.
The first step towards recovery is to admit you have an addiction. You can't change what you don't acknowledge. Sex addiction begins and ends within the mind. To change your mind you have to change your thought process. When the thought to act out sexually occurs you have a matter of seconds to redirect your thoughts.
Self introspection is helped through journaling, therapy, and an acknowledged program of self introspection to gain insight, knowledge and understanding, making healing probable and remission possible.
* For additional free online addiction resource help and information, please visit our main sex - pornography addiction website at:
Jesus Christ is the Bondage Breaker!
Past Legal Legislation in helping to Eliminate Prostitution:
SWEDEN'S SUCCESS IN ELIMINATING PROSTITUTION - A WORLD EXAMPLE OF PROGRESS IN THE PATH OF HUMAN DIGNITY...
In 1999 Swenden's government passed law that regarded prostitution as an aspect of male violence against women and children. Prostitution in Sweden is officially acknowledged as a form of exploitation and constitutes a significant social problem. In a matter of a few years Swenden "significantly" reduced prostitution, futher protecting children, women and the population as a whole, from a major source of crime. The police force went through indepth training and recourse evaluation with the sole message that the exploiter and buyers needed to be punished, with the prostitutes addressed as victims who needed to be helped. In 2002 Sweden passed the "Act Prohibiting Human Trafficking" for additional law in the fight against sexual exploitation.
TO CHANGE OUR RESOLVE IS A MATTER OF WORLD GROUPMIND -
"As we change our world's group mind to acknowledge that prostitutes are victims of coercion, violence and crime, we change the course of our world's consensus to one of victor instead of victim in the struggle to eliminate crime, human suffering and abuse. Until such resolve is manifested, humanity will remain in the dark as evil intentions thrive. We change what we see, and ignor what we refuse to acknowledge." - Synthia Esther
* "Today, prostitution is considered a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine or a short jail sentence. In practice, most law enforcement is uneven and aims at confining illegal activities to particular areas in the city. Prostitution is illegal in all states except Nevada(in the counties in which Las Vegas and Reno are located), where it is a highly regulated business enterprise." - page 458
* "There has also been an effort to reduce prostitution and protect children forced into the life by punishing sex tourism. The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 included a provision, referred to as the Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Act, which made it a criminal offense to travel abroad for the purpose of engaging in sexual activity with a minor. Some loopholes were closed when President George W. Bush signed the Protect Act into law in 2003." page 458.
* "...the Uniform Crime Report (UCR) indicates that about 80,000 prostitution arrests are made annually, with the gender ratio about 2 to 1 female to male. More alarming is the fact that about 1000 arrests involved minors under the age of 18, including almost 150 kids aged 15 and under." - page 454,459.
* Source: Criminology, Ninth Edition, Larry J. Siegel, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, Thomson- Wadsworth.
UPDATED PROSTITUTION / JOHN LAWS PER COUNTRY.....